Set Networking Goals
Ever get frustrated that you are not seeing results from your networking efforts? Do you have goals? If you don’t, you are definitely not alone. Most people look at networking as a reactive marketing approach versus a proactive strategy. The purpose of this blog is to encourage you to have goals in your networking. You will see more result from your networking and much more quickly when you do have networking goals.
- What is your business development or sales goal for this year? (For example, 48 new independently owned restaurant clients in 2012)
- How does this goal break down monthly and weekly? (For example, 4 new restaurants per month/1 per week)
- How many networking functions will you attend each month?
- How many strategic partners do you need to build to help you achieve your goals? (strategic partner = another professionals that shares the same target market with you, but does not compete. You both help each other drive new business).
- How many introductions do you need on a weekly basis?
- How many appointments do you need each week?